During this COVID-19 public health crisis, the FDA has issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of Non-NIOSH disposable filtering masks. The Powecom KN95 personal respirator is certified and is used globally in healthcare settings by healthcare personnel. At just $15.00 per ten pack and free local delivery (Ann Arbor, MI), it’s a great value. The mask is made of a multi-layer filtration system of non-woven breathable fibers. It’s manufactured by Guangzhou Powecom Labor Insurance Supplies Company LTD., and meets the standards put forth by the FDA (Non-NIOSH-Approved Disposable Filtering Facepieces).
FDA authorized respirators are in accordance with CDC recommendations. For the most current CDC recommendations on optimizing respirator use, please visit the CDC’s webpage entitled Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of N95 Respirators.
FDA Appendix A, listing non-NIOSH approved respirators can be viewed at FDA Appendix A – Authorized Respirators.
NOTE: all Powecom KN95 respirators manufactured after May 20th, 2020 are affixed with an anti-fake sticker that can be used to verify its authenticity.
FYI, the American Dental Association has a very informative document on understanding mask types that you may downloaded in PDF at ADA Understanding Mask Types.
- Made from a multi-layer filtration system of non-woven soft and breathable fibers.
- This respirator is manufactured after May 20th, 2020 and is affixed with an anti-fake sticker to verify its authenticity (see above).
Care & Use:
- Keep face masks clean before use.
- Avoid touching the rear side of masks.
- Discard masks when they become visibility dirty.
- Do not use masks if you experience a significant increases in breathing resistance while wearing them.
- Never wash masks with water or use steam to clean them as these practices will breakdown and destroy the filtering ability and protective nature of masks.
- Do not heat masks in the microwave.
- Do not expose face masks to vapors, oils, chemicals, paints, liquids, acids and alkaline objects.
Special Notice & CE Certification:
- KN95 mask are not intended for use as a surgical mask nor provide liquid barrier protection.
- Guangzhou Powecom Labor Insurance Supplies Co., LTD. KN95 CE certification is posted below.
To order, please call David at 734-678-7941. Quantity discounts are available. Local delivery in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area is offered at no charge. Shipping charges are based on the weight of the quantity ordered.